Samsung Tocco Rock Star Photography and a Mobile Phone Too

I do tend to brag about being a gadget geek at times andits not unheard of for me to go crazy about a device that eventually fails inreal world testing. Im certainly notgoing to suggest t...

I do tend to brag about being a gadget geek at times andits not unheard of for me to go crazy about a device that eventually fails inreal world testing. Im certainly notgoing to suggest that Ive put the Samsung Tocco through the rigorous kind oftesting that I usually do before I start sharing what I find with you all, butI just cant seem to sit on my enthusiasm for this Samsung camera phone.

Just to help you keep my enthusiasm in perspective, I wantyou to know that it was quite frankly, love at first sight, and I have yet tofind something about the phone that would render it mere infatuation. Im certainly hoping that this phone turnsout to be both worth raving about and has the long-term durability andfunctionality that we all need, too.

Heres what Ive found so far

First of all, I know its shallow, but I just love how hipand cool this phone looks! I feel justthe tiniest bit hipper and cooler just by using it. I know myself well enough to reassure you, though, that if thisphone didnt live up to what it promises my excitement would quicklyevaporate. Trust me on that.

Im a camera buff and I love working in the digital mediumto enhance my photos, and this 5 megapixel camera does a great job of getting methe shots I need. It has all the beautyof point and shoot with the power of control and editing. The 2.8 inch screen gives me a full screendisplay of the shot Im getting ready to take.The autofocus works the way it should and unobtrusively stays out of myway and doesnt become an obstacle to the shots I want, the way it does on somecameras. The built-in imagestabilization helps me on those over caffeinated days when my hands are proneto shaking a bit.

I suppose Im a bit of a camera snob and probably dont getas much out of the Smile Shot as I would otherwise. Smile Shot is designed to automatically detect smiles and shootaccordingly. Fun feature, andautomation is always a beautiful thing when it works the way I want to. Its also an easy feature to override, soits unlikely to get in the way much.

As overloaded as I usually am, you would think I would havemore of an appreciation for the slim design that fits so comfortably in myhands. It does weigh in a bit heftierthan some of the phones Ive been testing lately, at 106 grams, and thatssomething actually that I appreciate.Im almost always on the run and its way too easy for me to misplacethings in the scramble, so Im I appreciate the solid feel. Its something I would quickly miss should Ileave it behind after social lunches or business meetings.

Im going to keep testing this phone, as much for the sheerjoy of it as much as to make sure I put it properly through the wringer, sostay posted if I find a fatal flaw youll be the first to know!

Comments