Strutting in GStar Jeans: A Review

G-Star Jeans, or G-Star RAW Jeans, from what we see around, are a bolder, darker, raw and youthful brand, though they seem to be leaning toward refinement in the finishes and cuts of their New York Fa...

G-Star Jeans, or G-Star RAW Jeans, from what we see around, are a bolder, darker, raw and youthful brand, though they seem to be leaning toward refinement in the finishes and cuts of their New York Fashion Week showpieces.

When choosing jeans for myself, I wouldnt normally go for GStar Jeans . However, a situation presented itself recently when I was given the opportunity to review a pair of my choice. It is safe to say that I am not really much of a GStar jeans person. I like to wear stuff that are low-key which quietly warrant attention, the type of clothes with good manners that invite polite conversation.

I really needed to get a new pair of jeans during this time, but I wasnt really sure which one to get. Its really quite difficult to find a pair; you know how it goes. After trying on and folding at least a dozen pairs, you find one that you actually like. You put them on, and then you sudden realize your behind has been transformed into a dehydrated fruit.

My criteria for a potentially viable pair of jeans include the following: not too light in color and weight, not overly 'whiskered,' pockets not too long, pockets not too small (we've all seen that, tiny pockets that looked lost in the middle of each seemingly disproportionate cheek and I must ask 'Why?'), a good wash without being overly done (I've seen jeans that I swear were meant to look like a flock of pigeons splattered all over them), and very importantgood stretch.

The good news is I found them! There was one pair from GStar RAW, their Ocean Slim Fit Track Wash jeans that looked like a winner. The wash was exactly what I liked, the pockets were proportionate and they have neat zippers on them. When I received them, they were just as they looked on the sitethe photos there are now mineand the jeans have really good stretch which you want and need in a skinny.

Based on appearances, I think they're good value at its price, considering you can spend double or triple on a pair that uses cheaper denim, doesn't 'give' or looks weird.

Comments